With My Mind's Madness With My Mind's Madness

That was fucking EPIC

By far the coolest submission of this year's Madness day. I'm surprised how few music-video-type Flash submissions there are on NG, so it's awesome to see such a fine example get popular. Hope we see more similar submissions in the future!

Auto Flatter Auto Flatter

Funny idea, but...

This type of joke doesn't work as a stand-alone Flash. It's something that would be joked about in a longer cartoon.

Onto Flash work, I didn't like the fact that you used dynamic text. It made the text selectable (annoying), it gives the text a choppy look, and makes certain sentences cut off where your text box cut off. Even if you didn't switch to static text, you can make dynamic text non-selectable in the properties, and you can either extend the box horizontally or change its mode to "multiline" to solve the cut-off problem. If you're programming the sentences in with the flattery as a variable, "\n" creates a line break.

Aside from the text, the looping is a big problem; it not only makes the background music overlap, but it makes you as an author look either extremely unknowledgable in Flash, or extremely lazy with your Flash.

On a lighter note, I loved the background music.

Awesomeraptor Awesomeraptor

Loved every second.

Now for some constructive criticism and helpful--Oh fuck, I've got deadlines!! OMG TIS RULZ

Awesome Gaiden Awesome Gaiden

This series keeps getting better!

The way the ninja looks back at the player after stabbing the strategy guide is absolutely PRICELESS!

A Retarded Movie 2 A Retarded Movie 2

Perfect for NewGrounds

This is exactly the type of movie I like to watch when I come to NG. The idea of two people making a movie not knowing exactly what the other person had added to it is genius, and more authors should try to come up with creative ways to build a movie.

I almost cried laughing in the first scene at the cloud's reaction to the bomb and the bomb exploding.

NG Advice NG Advice

Two things:

In comedy, there is something called the "rule of threes". For this movie, it would mean that "cock joke" was funny the first three times, but not the fourth or the fifth in the credits.

Secondly, it's "P.P.S.", not "P.S.S.". The "post" in P.S. means it's after everything, so you want it to say it's after the post you already made, so you would say post-post script, not post script script. Get it?

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie. Great idea, and good animation.

TheCriminalDuder responds:

I knew about the P.P.S. thing I did the PSS thing to add to the stupidity of the joke.

"rules of threes" I'll remember that. Thanks for the advice.

life of an 8 ball life of an 8 ball

Needs to be longer.

This was really cool, and I loved the music, but it's almost ruined by the short length. This was really cool, and I loved the music, but it's almost ruined by the short length. If you made it a bit longer it would be very cool. Perhaps you could expand the context of "8-ball" beyond a pool ball? Have it roll and show the bottom where one of those blue triangles gives you an answer? I dunno...this could be very cool if it wasn't so short.

I especially liked how it went over the moon a moment.

Sin City: TYB Pt. 1 Sin City: TYB Pt. 1

Very cool. Definetly your best yet.

I loved how there were no grey tones, just straight black and white. The style and dialogue and all was very cool. When can we expect part 2?

Afrobot (Loop) Afrobot (Loop)

Very good for a first submission!

That's some excellent FBF animation, and I loved the senselessness of the plot...or lackthereof. The song was cool, too. I'm sure people are going to want more of a plot or something a little longer for your future submissions. Also, the whole "LOL" thing is kind of a turn-off.

SuperMelty responds:

Thanks. :) I know, I don't like the "LOL" thing much either, but it started out animating that, and just evolved. My next submission will definitely have a plot, but I'm working on getting better at flash now.

Dad's at Work Dad's at Work

Not quite as good as "Dad's Home"

This is definetly a worthy sequel to "Dad's Home", but not quite as good. While it had all the zany, inexplicable actions of Dad that we came to love of the first, the overall plot wasn't as crazy as the first. I loved in the first the way the cops came and he seduced them with the awesome power of ROCK, but in this he just goes to work and does Dad stuff (not dad, stuff; DAD stuff). I also enjoyed the background music of "Dad's Home" a bit more.

STILL, it may sound like I'm complaining, but I did enjoy this Flash immensly and I eagarly await the next!